Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What's in LUM_ShortStat? Can I clear it out?

joemadjoemad New
edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My LUM_ShortStat has gone over my allotted 100MB of MYSQL database. What's in LUM_ShortStat? Can I clear it out with TRUNCATE 'LUM_ShortStat' ?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I'm about to find out. I just backed it up. Here goes nothing.
  • Options
    I suggest you don't use the shortstats plugin for vanilla. It will do that, as it just keeps adding rows into the database. If you want analytics try using google analytics instead.
  • Options
    Oh... ok... is that all that is? I looked at the data and it looks like it's just IPs, browser names and such. I'm using analytics so I guess I can just turn off the shortstats somehow. Thanks!
  • Options
    Yeah its how the shortstats plugin stores the data. I suggest that you look into google analytics or some other offsite analytics. The services are more comprehensive, reliable and take up less resources then shortstats.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to shut down the shortstats plugin? I don't see it. The forum was shut down again due to the shortstats size so, I'd like to turn it off. I use google analytics.
  • Options
    On http://your.forum.url/settings.php?PostBackAction=Extensions you should be able to disable the extension.
  • Options
    Thanks Luc! I'm really rusty with making changes these days. That should stop my database from getting overloaded. Thanks again!